The mandate of the Cartel Working Group is to address the challenges of anti-cartel enforcement across the entire range of ICN members and amongst agencies with differing levels of experience. At the heart of antitrust enforcement is the battle against hardcore cartels directed at price fixing, bid rigging, market sharing and market allocations. The Cartel Working Group is co-chaired by the United States Department of Justice, the German Bundeskartellamt, and the Japan Fair Trade Commission.
The Cartel Working Group consists of two subgroups:
Subgroup 1: Legal Framework & Subgroup 2: Enforcement Techniques
- Enforcer roundtable telephone discussions on cartel awareness & outreach efforts;
- New Anti-Cartel Enforcement Manual Chapter on Case Resolution;
- Coordinating the completion of the Anti-Cartel Enforcement Templates by additional ICN Members, update of old templates
2010 Annual Conference Highlights
Panel presentation: Trends & Develoments in Cartel Enforcement
2010 ICN Cartel Workshop
The 2010 ICN Cartel Workshop was held from October 5-7 in Yokohama, Japan. Materials from this event can be found here.
2011 ICN Cartel Workshop
The 2011 ICN Cartel Workshop was held from October 10-13 in Bruges, Belgium. Highlights can be found on the workshop website.
For more information about the Cartel Working Group, please contact:
Japan Fair Trade Commission
United States Department of Justice
- Anti-Cartel Manual
- Anti-Cartel Templates
- Building Blocks Report
- Cooperation Report
- Cartel Settlements Report
- 2010 Trends and Developments in Cartel Enforcement
- Onilne Compilation of Cartel Awareness Materials
Click here for workshop materials (coming soon)